Sunday, July 12, 2015

Topo Athletic MT Hybrid Shoe Review!




This week I stepped out of my comfort zone. I am typically a girl that likes to cushion her feet. I switched things up and tried a pair of Topo Athletics MT hybrid shoes. I primarily run country roads , which means I am on the road, or on the side of the road. I like having a hybrid shoe that easily transitions from the road to the grass for this reason.



Topo Athletic (Named after founder and CEO,  Tony Post) is "a brand created for and by athletes with a mission to develop gear that amplifies your body's amazing natural abilities."
You will find that their brand has a neutral platform with light cushioning. They are designed to have little to no heel to toe drop.

  • When I put these shoes on, the first thing I noticed was the wider toe box. I like the room my toes had, to spread out, and rest in their natural position. Topo Athletic designs their shoes to allow "plenty of room for the toes to spread for healthy walking and running." But, they are also snug in the mid foot and heel. Bottom line, this shoes promotes stability. If you have a specific need, they also have alternate lacing options which you can find here. 
  • On my first run, I noticed I had a greater awareness of how my foot was landing. This, in turn, helped me to work on my form. Topo Athletic says that it is "designed to work with your body to enhance natural movement." Based on my observation, that could not be more true!
  • I did several shorter runs and one long run in these shoes. Making the transition to the road, and then side of the road when cars came by, was smooth and stable. These shoes are also great for walking trails!
  • These shoes fit true to size, as compared to my size in other brands. 
  • Competitively priced at $100, it's an excellent shoe for the money!


 If you are looking for a great looking, neutral shoe that you can take to the road, and the trail, all on the same run, then this is definitely the shoe for you! They can be found on Topo Athletics website or on Amazon.





Note: I was given this product in exchange for a review. This review is my own personal opinion of the product. I was not required to give a particular opinion on it. Please use any product I review at your own risk, and consult a medical professional if you have any health concerns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment