Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Natural Bug Spray Recipe

GI'm a bug magnet, and unfortunately my 4 year old also inherited that trait. When I head out for a run in the warmer months, I have to use some sort of bug spray or I'll have gnats swarming my face and come home with mosquito bites covering any exposed skin. Since we try to our best to go the natural route when possible, and since essential oils are my go to, I made a spray bottle of natural bug spray for my family. It's got many uses and actually smells great! 
I spray myself and the kids before going outside.
I spray the kids Step 2 playhouse and climbing toys to prevent spiders or other bugs from making themselves at home.
Spray the exterior doors of our home to prevent bugs from entering. 
Spray my outdoor chairs and table to keep bugs at bay when we are hanging out outside.
I've been using this spray for a couple of weeks and it seems to do the trick, so I wanted to share my recipe!

Do you use a similar recipe? Let me know what you use and how you use it! 
Directions:
I used a large glass spray bottle that I found on amazon.
30 drops DoTerra TerraSheild
10 drops of each of following:
Peppermint
Cedarwood
Lavender
Lemongrass
1/2 cup organic  witch hazel
1/2 cup distilled water

Shake well before spraying.

Link to bottle I used:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MU7R52M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00





*I do not currently sell essential oils, and only purchase for personal use..

No comments:

Post a Comment