Friday, June 12, 2015

Inspiring my Boys

I really, really love to run. I'm home all day with the kids, and I work a full time job from home. Running is my release, my sanity saver, and by taking that time every day, I can continue to be a good mom. My 4 year old loves to run, too. He's been my miniature running partner since he was 2.5. I want to encourage it, but sometimes I feel selfish when I leave him behind. I told myself that this summer, when I'm not training for anything, I would let him join in.
We just moved a month ago, and we have this huge, flat, beautiful yard. I decided to take advantage of it, and map out the distance so I could use it like a track for speed work. My hubby had the boys in the back yard, so I was able to watch them as I ran by. My first lap around the yard, and S had other plans. He was determined to run with me! So, I let him join in. He's actually pretty quick. We did a mile in about 11 minutes! My littlest one, who is 2.5 also joined in for a lap around. I didn't get much speed work done, but taking the time to inspire these boys is all my heart needs. I've got at least one little running partner in the making. Happy mom, Happy kids, Happy heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment